Welcome! I'm Katie,
and I tutor math online and in North Portland.
I help students build confidence in math and their ability to do hard things. I foster an environment where students feel safe to try, make mistakes, and truly learn.
In online tutoring, we work together with an online whiteboard and audio/video chat. You need just two things: a computer (with speakers, webcam, & microphone) and a good internet connection.
This video is a bit outdated! I don't do test prep anymore, and you'll need to fill out an application before scheduling your free consultation.
What I offer:
(PreAlgebra & Algebra)
- For any student wanting to improve their algebra skills: homeschooled, high school, middle school, GED, etc.
- Learn through 45-minute one-on-one tutoring sessions
- 2 or 3 Sessions Per Week
- Individualized Curriculum
- Personalized assignments after each session to reinforce learning
- Worksheets, assignments, and answer keys will all be mailed to you in organized binders
For students who want to improve their skills and commit to weekly tutoring sessions & assignments.
- Classes: PreAlgebra, Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2, Trigonometry, PreCalculus, Calculus
- One-on-one support to understand your class material
- Learn how to approach tricky problems
- Got a test coming up? Master the problems on your study guide
- Schedule as needed, regularly each week, or both
- An online scheduler to quickly and easily sign up for sessions when you need extra help